Locally Owned & Operated
Greater Dayton, OH
Our certified wildlife control operators will determine the most effective way to trap and remove chipmunks from your yard or flowerbed. We use perfected trapping strategies so the job is done quickly and your lawns condition is restored in a timely manner. We can also recommend habitat modifications and provide exclusion services to prevent future problems.
Chipmunk in my flowerbed
Chipmunks in crawlspace
Chipmunk noises in my walls
Chipmunk family under my porch
Chipmunks running up downspout gutter
Chipmunks living under AC unit
Chipmunks nesting in crawlspace
Chipmunk tunnel in yard
Chipmunks making hole under sidewalk near flowerbed
Chipmunks under the house
Chipmunk went in drain spout
Flowers damaged by Chipmunk
Dead Chipmunk in my basement
Chipmunks stealing birdseed from bird feeders
Chipmunks chewing on wires
Chipmunks in duct work
How do I get rid of Chipmunks
Chipmunk Pest Control
Chipmunks running in my garage
Chipmunk Tracks pictured above.
Chipmunks are a type of rodent and they are known for chewing wood, metals, wiring or anything else they care to gnaw on. This can create less than ideal conditions with buried electrical wires such as Underground Feed "UF" Romex Wire to outside lights and lamp posts.
• Butler County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Madison Township. Middletown. West Middletown.
• Clark County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Bethel Township. Clifton. Dialton. Donnelsville. Enon. German Township. Green Township. Harmony. Harmony Township. Madison Township. Mad River Township. Medway. Moorefield Township. New Carlisle. North Hampton. Northridge. Park Layne. Pike Township. Pleasant Township. Springfield. South Charleston. South Vienna.
• Champaign County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Christiansburg. Jackson Township. Mad River Township. St. Paris. Terre Haute. Urbana.
• Darke County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Adams Township. Arcanum. Bradford. Butler Township. Franklin Township. Gettysburg. Greenville. Monroe Township. Pitsburg. Van Buren Township.
• Greene County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Alpha, Bath Township. Beavercreek. Beavercreek Township. Bellbrook. Cedarville. Caesarcreek Township. Clifton. Fairborn. Jamestown. Jefferson Township. New Jasper Township. Oldtown. Spring Valley Village. Spring Valley Township. Sugarcreek Township. Wilberforce. Xenia. Xenia Township. Yellow Springs.
• Miami County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Bethel Township. Bradford. Brown Township. Concord Township. Covington. Elizabeth Township. Fletcher. Laura. Lostcreek Township. Ludlow Falls. Newberry Township. Newton Township. Piqua. Pike Township. Pleasant Hill. Springcreek Township. Staunton Township. Tipp City. Union Township. Washington Township. West Milton.
• Montgomery County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Brookville. Butler Township. Centerville. Clay Township. Clayton. Dayton. Englewood. Farmersville. Germantown. German Township. Harrison Township. Huber Heights. Jefferson Township. Kettering. Miamisburg. Miami Township. Moraine. New Lebanon. Northridge. Oakwood. . Phillipsburg. Riverside. Trotwood. Union. Vandalia. Washington Township. West Carrollton.
• Preble County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Eaton. Lanier Township. Twin Township. West Alexandria.
• Shelby County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Anna. Clinton Township. Cynthian Township. Fort Loramie. Houston. Lockington. Orange Township. Perry Township. Port Jefferson. Russia. Salem Township. Sidney. Turtlecreek Township. Washington Township.
• Warren County Ohio Chipmunk Removal
• Carlisle. Clearcreek Township. Corwin. Franklin. Franklin Township. Lebanon. Middletown. Springboro. Turtlecreek Township. Wayne Township. Waynesville.
Chipmunks are between 5-6 inches long with a 3-4 inch tail in adulthood. They have a orang colored brown fur with 5 black and white stripes that run down the back with white underbellies and sides. They are very common in the Miami Valley and Southwestern Ohio areas and are also found all over North America. They are most active between April and October, storing and foraging for food for their underground nests. Many complaints we receive are chipmunks burrowing in mulch flowerbed or under my concrete slab porch. They consume a variety of foods that include seeds, nuts, small animals, and insects. They are drawn to birdfeeders for the easy meal of spilled grain and seed and often make a burrow under Air Condition “AC” units and the pads they sit on. Some chipmunks live up to 11 years and breed twice per year, usually in April and again in mid-July.
Chipmunks can damage your house foundation and utility lines and often burrow under porches, stairs, decks, and patios. A large Chipmunk family can destroy flower bulbs and garden seeds in short order and if they live near your home they can cause quite a nuisance. Homes built on slabs are susceptible to chipmunks and other rodents alike getting under the floor and in the duct work beneath the house. This is a major concern as these areas are inaccessible for repairs and can cause odor and health issues inside the home. Chipmunks carry a variety of parasites like ticks, fleas, lice, mites, and intestinal worms and their urine has an awful smell which may need to be sanitized and deodorized.
When alarmed chipmunks will make chirping noises and run for one of their holes in their ever growing chain of tunnels. When threatened or handled they will bite with a large amount of force so please do not attempt to handle them without proper PPE.
What do chipmunk droppings and footprints look like?
Chipmunk droppings are very similar to other rodents like rats or squirrels. They are hard, elongated and dark, and resemble beans or rice. They range in size from 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 inch and are slightly larger than mouse feces. See image on this page for chipmunk tracks.
How do you control chipmunks?
We recommend chipmunk trapping and removal.
Who is the best chipmunk pest control company? Barnes Wildlife Control has years of experience and advanced trapping methods for fast control of these critters.
We have the training, equipment and skills necessary to effectively resolve a chipmunk problem. Exterminating the chipmunks can be challenging, especially if they are numerous throughout your yard. We can manage the chipmunk removal project and provide professional expertise to identify the pest problem and determine the best solution to resolve the chipmunk infestation.