Locally Owned & Operated
Greater Dayton, OH
We are fully equipped with possum trapping and removal equipment. Call us and we'll take care of the problem.
At Barnes Wildlife Control, we provide fast and effective opossum trapping and removal. Opossum Pest Control is a common service we provide in the Greater Dayton & Beavercreek areas. Opossums are opportunists and instinctively search for easy an easy meal and protected shelter such as an attic or crawlspace. Get rid of the Opossum now by calling Barnes Wildlife Control today.
We specialize in animal removal and opossum's are a common problem in the Dayton Ohio area. We can provide you with opossum trapping, home wildlife proofing & exclusions, and fecal matter removal services.
Attic noises at night
Chimney noises or scratching
Roof damage or leaks
Dumpster diving & trash in yard
Opossum living in my attic
Chirping noises coming from attic or chimney
Opossum nesting in the chimney
Opossum on the roof
Opossum getting into garbage cans and tipping them over
Possum in my garage
Pet food or bird seed storage areas
Defecating on deck or porch
Opossums living under the shed or in loft of barn
Sick Opossum in my Yard
Opossum eating pet food or bird seed
Possums living under the deck or porch
Opossum climbing tree, downspouts, and gutters to get onto roof
Possum inside your crawlspace and tearing up insulation
Opossum in my basement
How do I get rid of a Opossum
The Miami Valley is home to the Virginia opossum (Didelphimorphia) or common opossum—the only marsupial living in North America. Opossums in the Dayton area have 1-2 litters per year of approximately 8-11 joeys or baby opossums per litter. Given such the large litter size, it is very important to start opossum control at the first sign of a problem to prevent a large infestation. Further information on opossum biology can be found here:
Leptospirosis is spread mainly by contact with water or soil contaminated by the urine of infected animals. Persons can get the disease by coming into contact with wet soil or plants contaminated with animal urine. The disease also can be transmitted through direct contact with urine, blood or tissue from an infected animal. The bacteria can enter through broken skin or through the soft tissues on the inside of the mouth, nose or eyes. It is generally not transmitted from person to person.
Symptoms of leptospirosis include high fever, headache, chills, muscle aches, conjunctivitis (red eyes), diarrhea, vomiting, and kidney or liver problems (which may include jaundice), anemia and, sometimes, rash.
Barnes Wildlife Control Opossum Exterminator Services
Barnes Wildlife Control can provide you with humane opossum trapping and removal by using professional methods as all of our technicians are properly trained and licensed. Each wildlife removal vehicle is equipped with industry leading and tested products so that you can have reliable service and efficient opossum removal and damage exclusion repairs.
Deterrents only fail, do not waste time and money on gimmicks like coyote urine repellents, strobe and attic lights, playing loud music, tossing mothballs everywhere, and pouring liquid ammonia. A lot of these substances are harmful to your health. Leave it to the experts at Barnes Wildlife Control, as they have decades of trapping and repair experience to help you resolve your problem and restore your peace of mind! Call us at 937-340-1867.
Barnes Wildlife Control has been in the business of wildlife removal and prevention services over the course of many years. Our trained technicians provide services in wildlife removal conducting humane treatment of animals while delivering exceptional service, efficient procedures, and effective methods. We ensure that in our practice, the animal, you, and the technicians are safe, and the job is done right.
Opossum Removal & Control in Huber Heights Ohio and Vandalia Ohio.
Are there opossums in your Dayton or Springfield OH home? Scurrying or scratching noises in your garage, attic, or crawlspace might mean you have unwanted visitors. If so, we can help. We have the experience, resources, and methods to remove these animals from your home effectively. Based in Troy and Beavercreek Ohio we help residential and commercial clients across the region with the wildlife removal and opossum pest control issues.
Should you need a Centerville opossum removal and remediation service expert, call 937-340-1867 to talk with our friendly and helpful staff today. Barnes Wildlife Control has over 80 years of experience in possum prevention and repair throughout the Dayton region.
We have both the knowledge and tools to get rid of your opossum problem regardless of how simple or complex. Every one of our courteous, professional staff members is trained in animal removal, live trapping, and control techniques as well as how to identify and prevent future opossum damage to your home.
Barnes Wildlife Control is an animal control and prevention provider based in the Miami Valley region with offices in Beavercreek and Troy. For years, we have served individual home owners, commercial business owners, property managers, and municipal customers dealing with raccoon problems. Below are some of the areas where we have helped customers deal with raccoon invasions in both homes and businesses. This list is not exhaustive. If you are located in Southwestern Ohio, please contact us today and our expert animal control specialists will be happy to assist you an answer any questions. We are proud to service the following areas:
Click on link
below for our stories on local animal removal
• Butler County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Madison Township. Middletown. West Middletown.
• Clark County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Bethel Township. Clifton. Dialton. Donnelsville. Enon. German Township. Green Township. Harmony. Harmony Township. Madison Township. Mad River Township. Medway. Moorefield Township. New Carlisle. North Hampton. Northridge. Park Layne. Pike Township. Pleasant Township. Springfield. South Charleston. South Vienna.
• Champaign County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Christiansburg. Jackson Township. Mad River Township. St. Paris. Terre Haute. Urbana.
• Darke County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Adams Township. Arcanum. Bradford. Butler Township. Franklin Township. Gettysburg. Greenville. Monroe Township. Pitsburg. Van Buren Township.
• Greene County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Alpha, Bath Township. Beavercreek. Beavercreek Township. Bellbrook. Cedarville. Caesarcreek Township. Clifton. Fairborn. Jamestown. Jefferson Township. New Jasper Township. Oldtown. Spring Valley Village. Spring Valley Township. Sugarcreek Township. Wilberforce. Xenia. Xenia Township. Yellow Springs.
• Miami County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Bethel Township. Bradford. Brown Township. Concord Township. Covington. Elizabeth Township. Fletcher. Laura. Lostcreek Township. Ludlow Falls. Newberry Township. Newton Township. Piqua. Pike Township. Pleasant Hill. Springcreek Township. Staunton Township. Tipp City. Union Township. Washington Township. West Milton.
• Montgomery County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Brookville. Butler Township. Centerville. Clay Township. Clayton. Dayton. Englewood. Farmersville. Germantown. German Township. Harrison Township. Huber Heights. Jefferson Township. Kettering. Miamisburg. Miami Township. Moraine. New Lebanon. Northridge. Oakwood. . Phillipsburg. Riverside. Trotwood. Union. Vandalia. Washington Township. West Carrollton.
• Preble County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Eaton. Lanier Township. Twin Township. West Alexandria.
• Shelby County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Anna. Clinton Township. Cynthian Township. Fort Loramie. Houston. Lockington. Orange Township. Perry Township. Port Jefferson. Russia. Salem Township. Sidney. Turtlecreek Township. Washington Township.
• Warren County Ohio Opossum Removal
• Carlisle. Clearcreek Township. Corwin. Franklin. Franklin Township. Lebanon. Middletown. Springboro. Turtlecreek Township. Wayne Township. Waynesville.
Opossum or possum (http://writingexplained.org/opossum-vs-possum-difference) extermination is something that can be done any time of the year. The first thing to do is locate and remove attractants, as opossum are opportunists and will take advantage of any easy meal or place to live. Clean up waste, food scraps, mulberries fallen in yard, and birdseed. Do not feed your pets (dog, cat, etc.) outside if possible. If you compost or store garbage outside your garage, keep in animal proof containers.
#2 Limit Accessibility to your Structure
The majority of nuisance opossum calls we receive occur when possums gain access to your garage, home, barn or shed. Opossums are able to climb, but they are far less agile than Raccoons or Squirrels and often enter at ground level and only climb when necessary. So be sure to keep your garage door closed when not in use, attic doors and entry way doors shut, close walk out basement doors and window wells off, and remove any overhanging tree limbs to prevent them from easily climbing on your roof. Install vent covers of roof and attic vents or screens, and repair any openings along the foundation and crawlspace to prevent opossum from wandering inside your home.
#3 Opossum Deterrents and Repellents
We have found no effective possum repellant on the market and therefore cannot recommend one. However, residences with dogs seem to be less victimized by opossum invaders than those without, but be sure to keep the pet food stored to prevent a dangerous encounter.
#4 Opossum Trapping and Removal
If all else fails or you are already in a situation where a opossum family is calling your residence home, then the only remaining option is capture and removal. Call Barnes Wildlife Control at (937) 340-1867 today if you are searching for a Opossum Pest Control Exterminator.
#5 Opossum Damage Repairs and Exclusion
Once the opossum problem is remedied, the best option to prevent this from reoccurring is to seal off the damaged areas or close the openings that they entered through. If they have been living in your attic or under your porch or deck for prolonged periods of time, fecal matter and urine buildup can be dangerous and emit unpleasant odors. Barnes Wildlife Control can repair these entry points permanently and restore you attic to new by removing the fecal matter, sanitizing the attic area, and installing new insulation in its place.